Presented by Salt Lake Comic Con
Sponsored by the Fear Factory
August 30, 2015 / / Meet at 4PM / / Walk at 5PM
Salt Lake Comic Con is proud to be sponsoring the 8th Annual SLC Zombie Walk! Join the walking dead as they crawl, lurch, and drag themselves through downtown Salt Lake City. This event is FREE to participate! Bring nonperishable food to donate to the Utah Food Bank to earn tickets to Salt Lake Comic Con 2015.
What Is It?
The Zombie Walk is similar to a flash mob. Participants will follow a designated route in Salt Lake City (to be announced), and will be acting the part of blood hungry zombies. Meet at the designated spot at 4pm dressed in your zombie or hunter gear. The walk will begin at 5pm.
Zombie Walk Rules
The event is all-ages, but be mindful that there will be a lot of blood and gore, so the event may not be appropriate for some small children. Pets are welcome as well.
There are two Meeting Places…
The Zombie Walk will now feature an AMBUSH by the hunters (led by the Umbrella Corp – Utah Hive). The living and the dead will meet at the intersection of 200 S and Rio Grande Street before completing the rest of the Zombie Walk together.
Zombies: Meet at The Gateway Fountains and walk south on Rio Grande St. Park at The Gateway (free on Sundays).
Hunters: Meet on the grass by the intersection of 500 W and 200 S. Park on city streets (free on Sundays).*
Ambush: At the intersection of 200 S and Rio Grande St.
** UPDATED 8/29/15 ** – Please note that The Gateway is private property and usually does not allow weapons of any kind, including fake weapons, but they have made an exception for this event. Please read the rules below:
1) Real weapons are not permitted at this event. Please leave them at home.
2) Fake weapons that are brightly colored and look obviously fake will be allowed on The Gateway property as long as they do not fire anything, including water or nerf darts.
3) Please leave fake realistic-looking weapons in your car if you wish to enter The Gateway property. Fake realistic-looking weapons will be allowed outside of the Gateway (the Hunters/Survivors meeting place) and along the route in the city. Umbrella Corporation- Utah Hive will be assisting with weapons check in the Hunters/Survivors meeting place.
4) All weapons, fake and realistic-looking, will need to be checked prior to participation in the walk.
1) Please use the designated “Blood Zone” for applying fake blood and other messy costume components. This will be located on the grass next to the Gateway Fountains.
2) Please stay on the designated path (Rio Grande Street). Stay on the road, keep off of the sidewalks. Please do not go up to the second level or inside stores if your costume is messy, dripping blood, etc. Volunteers will be stationed near the bathrooms to direct participants back to the road after bathroom use.
3) Photographers and spectators NOT in costume are welcome on the second level.
Earn Free SLCC Tickets by Donating Food!
Salt Lake Comic Con is committed to helping erase hunger with the Utah Food Bank. Help us kick off Action Hunger Month by donating nonperishable food items to our Food, Not Brains campaign. There will be an area to donate in each of the meeting places.
- Bring a grocery bag full of food to earn a FREE Thursday ticket to Salt Lake Comic Con 2015.
- Bring one food item for a 15% off coupon for SLCC15.
Food Donation Ideas
Salt Lake Comic Con and the Utah Food Bank are partnering to collect food for Utah’s hungry families. Please bring nonperishable food items, like the following: Boxed cereal, Tuna, Canned veggies, Chili, soup or stew, peanut butter, canned fruit and snack bars.