By Aimee Gertsch
You want to go to Salt Lake Comic Con, but you have this pesky thing called a job standing in your way. With any luck, your boss isn’t a geek and won’t understand what you are saying if you use any of the following excuses. On the flip side, if your boss is a geek, maybe he will let you off because of your creativity and all around geek knowledge. Either way, it can’t hurt to try, right?
Top Ten Geek Ways to Call in Sick:
- My brother Loki is in town and I’ve got to keep an eye on him.
- I’m taking the hobbits to Isengard.
- My Midi-chlorians are high and they want me to have further testing.
- We have an infestation of tribbles.
- Our sentry turret is malfunctioning, I can’t get out of the house.
- My flux capacitor is out of plutonium.
- I was exposed to gamma rays and am feeling a bit green. You don’t want to get me mad.
- Sorry I won’t be in today, I have to study for the Kobayashi Maru.
- Leonard isn’t home and my bus pants are dirty.
- My Tauntaun is sick and needs to go to the vet.
If it works, let us know! Share your geek inspired excuses below.