Salt Lake Comic Con is bringing you the best stories from throughout Geekdom! Today we talk about tickets for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 going on sale, the new Battlefield game set for release in 2016, and the awesome new clip from Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Don’t forget to check out our Quick Links, too!
Tickets for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 are now on sale!
New Battlefield game set for Holiday 2016 release!
Today, Andrew Wilson, chief executive officer of Electronic Arts, confirmed that a new Battlefield is coming. The news was shared on the company’s second quarter FY15 earnings call. Yes, a new Battlefield is coming, but not until holiday of 2016. Wilson shared the news after the company confirmed a March 17 release date for Battlefield Hardline today. This gives Hardline some breathing room and also opens the door for Star Wars Battlefront, which EA confirmed was still on track for a holiday 2015 release.
“You’re all not worthy”: New clip from Avengers: Age of Ultron
Disney has released the first Avengers: Age of Ultron clip from writer/director Joss Whedon’s highly anticipated Marvel Studios sequel. The clip debuted last night during ABC’s new episode of Agents of SHIELD, where the first trailer was set to premiere before it leaked last week. In the clip, the Avengers are letting off steam in the form of an Avengers party in Stark’s penthouse, as they each take turns trying to lift Thor’s hammer. Shenanigans ensue.
Avengers: Age of Ultron opens in theaters on May 1, 2015.
Today’s Quick Links
- Advertising from a galaxy far, far, away: International Star Wars Posters and Ads
- CBR Exclusive: Previews of DC variant covers of Superman & Gotham by Midnight
- Need a last-minute Halloween costume idea? Martha’s got you covered.
- Local SLC man builds a 2000 pound, fire-breathing metal spider. Happy Halloween!
- EW: Classic Star Wars games from LucasArts are available for the first time in years!