Press passes to Salt Lake Comic Con are being made available for the following media outlets:
(A) PRINT MEDIA: Print Media includes local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines etc…
(B) TELEVISION & RADIO: TV & Radio include AM, FM, Satellite, Local TV and National TV
(C) INTERNET PRESS: Passes for Internet press will be issued on a very limited case by case basis. We have a limited amount of press passes for internet only press, making it impossible to grant passes to everyone who makes a request. In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria:
- The website you write for must have been active on the web for at least 2 years.
- Must have original content updated at least weekly.
- Websites deemed offensive or antagonistic towards our fandom, guests or the event will not be approved.
- Proven community involvement/support for Salt Lake Comic Con or other comic conventions around the U.S.
- Your website must have at least 2 verifiable social media pages with more than 1,000 followers each. Pages can be on Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Must appear on at least page 2 of a Google search for your site.
- Soft measures such as professionalism, quality, and history.
- Your site must have an Alexa rating of at least top 100,000
- Internet press is limited to 2 passes per web outlet, and both pass holders must work for the website in question and have verifiable credits. Please don’t try and pass your friend off as a photographer for the site, it won’t work and you will be banned from ever being considered for press credentials in the future.
NOTE: If you are not approved for “free” press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way. As well, having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. Salt Lake Comic Con is not responsible for setting up interviews with any celebrity guest, authors, artists, or anyone other special guests attending this event.
We value our featured guests and strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for them. We expect all those who receive press passes to also maintain this environment. If press pass holders fail to live up to this standard, Salt Lake Comic Con reserves the right to revoke press passes for the current event as well as for future events. Please show respect not only for our featured guests but also Salt Lake Comic Con.