- Press credentials can be picked up on site near the east entrance of the convention center (enter from West Temple). Press credentials are good for all three days of the event. Press credentials for FanXperience 2015 can be picked up beginning at 8:00 a.m. MDT on January 29, 2015.
- There will be a press room on-site at the convention. The room number is still to be determined. Media are welcome to use this room for interviews and other media related activities. The press room is for credentialed media members only. Please do not allow non-credentialed friends and family into the press room. The press room has tables, chairs, power outlets to plug in and work from and charge cell phone batteries. Water will also be provided to credentialed media.
- All Salt Lake Comic Con media interview requests should be made through Snapp Conner PR. These contacts are not for celebrity interviews at the con, but are primarily for interview requests involving Salt Lake Comic Con founders Dan Farr and Bryan Brandenburg.PR contacts include:
Jeremy Kartchner (E-mail: Jeremy@snappconner.com, Cell: (801) 703-4092)
Kenny Caldwell (E-mail: Kenny@snappconner.com, Cell: (435) 232-9214)
- During the show while celebrities are signing autographs, media should ask the celebrities’ handlers for interview opportunities.Some celebrities are open to interviews while they interact with fans; others are not open to any on-site interviews. It’s on a strictly case-by-case basis. Please let the nearest celebrity row Salt Lake Comic Con volunteer know you would like to request an interview and ask them to point out the appropriate celebrity handler/agent to approach to get permission. If the volunteer has been given a directive by celebrity guest reps and handlers not to allow press to approach the table this directive is final. Failure to respect these wishes may lead to loss of press credentials for this convention and possibly future conventions.
- Media will not be allowed in the celebrity green rooms.
- Media will have access to all public and VIP rooms
- Media will be admitted into panels as general admission as long as room capacity allows. There will not be a designated press entrance for panels, so please make your plans accordingly. Media will be allowed to enter through the VIP entrance after VIP’s have been allowed in.Salt Lake Comic Con volunteers will be instructed to allow media into panels where there is standing room only.
- During panels the media can take photos or video.We ask that you be courteous of attendees while taking video or photos and avoid standing in front of other fans that are in attendance. Individual celebrities and agents have the right to deny photos and video during panels. If a celebrity or agent makes this request a Salt Lake Comic Con volunteer or staffer will notify you on site. Failure to comply with these requests may result in a loss of press pass.
- For panels and workshops, the two main rooms, the large panel rooms will each have mote boxes that the media can plug into to get audio recordings of the panel discussions.The media is welcome to video panels in these two rooms.
- For other panels in other rooms, the media is welcome to record audio and video.
- Power outlets at Salt Lake Comic Con 2014 are three-pronged.
- Media is responsible for its own parking during Salt Lake Comic Con.