Celebrity Photo Ops
Don’t miss the chance to have your photo taken with your favorite celebrity by a professional photographer! Get a professional portrait with an individual star or a group of actors from your favorite TV show or movie. Each Photo Op includes a glossy 8″ x 10″ print and the option to purchase a digital copy.
Your Photo Op will become a prized possession of the “only-thing-I-would-save-in-a-fire” variety. Say cheese!
Celebrity Photo Op Vouchers
What is a Photo Op Voucher? A Photo Op Voucher is just like a digital gift certificate. They are available in increments of $20, $30, $40, and $50. These Vouchers can be upgraded to purchase a Photo Op Session of equal or greater value. You will need to pay the difference between the cost of the Photo Op Session and the amount of the Voucher. Vouchers cannot be combined; one Voucher is good towards one Photo Op. Vouchers will get a 15-minute head start on purchasing a Photo Op Session during a public launch.
Celebrity appearances and schedules are all subject to change or cancellation. All Photo Op Sessions are subject to change or cancellation. Make sure to check for updates on this page regularly. There are 2-3 Photo Ops occurring at any given time. We do our best to schedule them, but sometimes there is overlap with the ones you have purchased. If this happens, you are able to swap out your Photo Op for another one (provided they haven’t sold out) at the Epic Photo Ops booth.
SLCC Guide To Photo Ops
What is a Photo Op? It is a professional portrait taken with an individual star or a group of actors from your favorite TV show or movie. Each Photo Op includes a glossy 8″ x 10″ print and the option to purchase a digital copy.
What do I need to get a Photo Op? First, you need valid admission for the day of your Photo Op session. Second, you’ll need to pre-purchase a Photo Op on our website (coming soon) or purchase a Photo Op session at the Epic Photo Ops area on the Vendor Hall floor during the event.
Learn how the Photo Op process works, below:
- You are allowed up to four attendees per Photo Op. No exceptions.
If you wish to have more than 4 people in your session, you must purchase an additional Photo Op prior to your session (up to a total of 8 people for 2 photo ops). Otherwise, those additional people will be turned away at Photo Op Check-In. Babies under one year do not count.
- Arrive at Photo Op Check-In 15 minutes before your Photo Op time — no earlier, no later.
Closer to the event, you will receive an email from Epic Photo Ops with your specific group time. This time may differ from the Photo Op Session schedule on our website. Don’t panic! Arrive 15 minutes before the time emailed to you. If you don’t receive an email from Epic Photo Ops, you may stop by the sales booth in the Photo Op Area to learn your assigned time during the event.
Arriving too early clogs the Photo Op Area and makes everyone wait longer, so you will be turned away. If you are late, you may miss your Photo Op, and no refunds will be given. There will be volunteers and signage at Photo Op Check-in that will inform attendees which groups are allowed to queue.
- Print your Photo Op QR code.
Phone service at the Salt Palace is not reliable, so please come prepared with a paper printout of your QR code. This will keep lines moving quickly. QR codes will be verified at the Photo Op Check-In and will be scanned in the Photo Op Staging Area prior to your Photo Op Moment.
- Once you arrive at Photo Op Check-In, volunteers will guide you through the process.
Step 1: Photo Op Check-In – QR code is verified for correct Photo Op session and number of people in your group. You can also scan your wristband at this time if it is registered.
Step 2: Photo Op Queueing Area – Where attendees will wait for their Photo Op session to begin.
Step 3: Photo Op Staging Area – Your QR Code will be scanned at this time or your wristband if it is registered. You may leave your bags and possessions in this secure area while you have your Photo Op Moment.
Step 4: Photo Op Moment – Step right up! This is your moment with your favorite celebrity. Don’t forget to smile!
- Pick up your Print and Check Out
After your Photo Op Moment, you will pick up your Print. An Epic Photo Ops employee must scan your Photo Op Voucher when you exit the Photo Op area and check your Print before you leave the Photo Op Area. This is also where you can purchase digital prints and plastic sleeves.
NEW! Connect your Photo Ops to your RFID wristband:
We have implemented a band new feature. Once you have purchased your Photo Op, go back into your GrowTix confirmation link. Under your Photo Op product name is a KEY code. Click on this KEY code and it will take you to the RFID wristband page. Type in your RFID wristband number. If you have not activated it, it will prompt you to activate it now. Once activate, your RFID account will have an area to attach Photo Ops. The KEY code will automatically populate in this area, or you can type it in now.
You can add as many Photo Ops to your RFID wristband as you want. You can manage all your Photo Ops here and at any time.
FanX 2017 Celebrity Photo Ops
FanX17 Photo Ops – Do‘s and Don’t’s
- Do arrive at the Photo Op Check-In 15 minutes before your session.
- Don’t be late! You may miss your session, and no refunds will be given.
- Do print on paper your QR code before attending the event.
- Do register your wristband for scanning at the check in point.
- Don’t be nervous! Photo Ops can go by quickly, and now’s your chance to quickly say, “Hi! Love you, love your work!”
- Do be respectful toward our celebrity guests. Inappropriate or rude behavior will not be tolerated.
- Don’t bring gifts for the celebrities.
- Do represent your fandom! Cosplay and sharp dressing is welcome.
- Don’t bring props to your Photo Op.
- Do share your Photo Op with three family members or friends.
- Don’t ask for autographs in the Photo Op Area.
- Do be patient and follow directions given by Epic Photo Ops staff and volunteers.
- Do share your Photo Op on social media and tag us! Use the official hashtag #FanX17.
- Don’t forget to smile!
- Do upgrade your Photo Op Voucher prior to the event.